Riot Kayaks Edge 13 LV Flatwater Day Touring Kayak Review
The Riot Edge 13 boasts an aesthetically appealing low deck profile and a host of features that can make it stand out among the competition.
The sporty older sister of the Riot Edge 11 is a perfect blend of relevant features and shape. The hull provides a good amalgamation of secondary and primary stability so that you’ll be comfortable in the boat from the moment you step in it.
Take a look at our Riot Kayaks Reviews
Incorporating a custom-fit seating mechanism, adjustable and quick-lock foot bracing, sealed back and front compartments sporting dual density hatch tops, security bar, reflective sidelines, retractable skeg, built-in thigh braces, shockcord storage with safety straps & paddle hook at the foredeck, a flushmount rod holder and, finally, a drainplug, this kayak is something of a Swiss Army knife. It even has a bulkhead to assist in flotation.
Measuring in at 13’ x 25’’ x 12’’ and with a weight of 44 lbs, this cost effective ($849.00) kayak has been likened to an affordable sports car! Its long list of features brings some serious competition to the roster.
- Stability: As mentioned before, the boat offers both primary and secondary stability – meaning it is easy to enter and won’t overturn in the water during traveling either. The stability makes it great for touring activities such as photography, charting, and fishing, as well as leisure family paddling.
- Roomy: The versatile size of this boat makes it a great fit for both adults and children alike.
- Durability: Made out of rotomolded polyethylene, this kayak is a good performer besides being highly durable at an affordable cost.
- Tracking: Thanks to the retractable skeg it comes with, the boat is a great tracker in a variety of water conditions.
- Comfort: Comes with a number of features to enhance comfort – contour fit outfitting and a cockpit with integrated thighbraces as well as adjustable footbraces make it a comfortable vessel even when you’re paddling.
- Storage: Two sealed storage compartments (front and back) with dual density lids, as well as shockcord storage at the foredeck, provide reasonable storage room for its small size.
- Affordability: At a price of $849.00, it is hard to find a kayak that offer this kind of performance and features.
- Attention to detail: Extra feature such as a flushmonted rod holder to aid the fisherman kayaker, a reflective lifeline for safety and a drainplug to get rid of excess water all indicate that the craft was meticulously designed.
- The seat has a tendency to shift as you paddle and can be hard to adjust in the water.
- Some water soaking during travel.
The disadvantages we have with this kayak are minor in comparison to the long list of useful and high performance features it offers. Its construction is much resembling of whitewater kayaks, and it certainly does perform in that manner. At its price point, this is one of the best kayak choices for those who want the performance of a professional boat at an affordable price.