It can be hard to keep pulling over when you are on your bike to deal with your phone. Nowadays, there are plenty of phone mounts on the market, yet not all of them deal with most phone types.
Our reviews have the top five products to hold your phone secure and make sure it doesn’t fall on the floor as you are speeding along.
By the end of our phone case reviews, you’ll know all you need to pick the right case that holds the phone securely and gives you full access. (Find the Best Mountain Bikes Beginners)
Why You Need a Good Mountain Bike Phone Mount
When you are hitting the trails or just dashing around town on your bike, the last thing you need is to keep reaching in your pocket for your phone or worry your phone is safe.
The same is true for your phone mount. You need one that you know can hold your phone secure and help prevent vibration. At the same time, you need your phone in view and accessible all the time.
- Why You Need a Good Mountain Bike Phone Mount
- Top Mountain Bike Phone Mount Reviews
- 1. Mongoora Bike Phone Mount for any Smart Phone: iPhone 7 /7+, 6 /6+, 5s, 5, Samsung Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge, S6, S5, S4, Nexus, Nokia, LG. Motorcycle, Bicycle Phone Mount. Bike Mount. Bike Accessories
- 2. Bovon Bike Phone Mount, 360 Rotatable Adjustable Universal Silicone Motorcycle Phone Mount Bicycle GPS Units Holder, Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 mini/12/11 Pro Max/XS MAX/XR/8, Samsung S20
- 3. visnfa New Bike Phone Mount with Stainless Steel Clamp Arms Anti Shake and Stable 360° Rotation Bike Accessories/Bike Phone Holder for Any Smartphones GPS Other Devices Between 4 and 7 inches
- 4. TruActive Unbreakable Bike Phone Mount Holder, Motorcycle Phone Mount, Cell Phone Holder for Bike – Universal, Bike Phone Holder, Golf, ATV – 6 Color Bands – Any Phone or Handlebar, Tool-Free Install
- 5. Ailun Motorcycle Mountain Bike Phone Mount Holder Stand Accessories Universal Adjustable Bicycle Harley Davidson Handlebar Rack Compatible iPhone 8Plus 8 Galaxy s10 S9 S8 Plus Note 10
- Mountain Bike Phone Mount Buying guide
- Final Verdict
The best mobile phone mount allows you to share locations with your biking palls, check messages, or even make a call without stopping or taking your eyes off the track.
Top Mountain Bike Phone Mount Reviews
1. Mongoora Bike Phone Mount for any Smart Phone: iPhone 7 /7+, 6 /6+, 5s, 5, Samsung Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge, S6, S5, S4, Nexus, Nokia, LG. Motorcycle, Bicycle Phone Mount. Bike Mount. Bike Accessories
The Mongoora phone mount is carefully designed to perfectly fit any smartphone and device up to 3.7” wide. It is also suitable to fit any bike or motorcycle handlebars from 0.9” to 1.3” in diameter.
The phone mount delivers the best security levels from the rigid bicycle phone mount design with the highest quality metal and plastic materials.
There are three unique durable silicone bands to cater to extreme use to deliver extra protection to the device. You are assured your phone is secure against any accidents or loss
With the Mongoora, you can rotate from portrait to landscape with the 360 degrees rotating mechanism. Also, you have full phone access to the screen of your phone buttons and anything else you need to access.
- It fits a wide range of phone options and top tube
- Easy to install low profile design
- Waterproof silicone bands keep your phone very secure
- 360 rotation for better access
- Not suitable to use with phone cases
- The ball joint can move on heavy bumps
With a great guide price of just under $16, the Mongoora is among the best designs to keep your phone secure. It makes use of two locking mechanisms, so even if either fails, you won’t lose your phone. You can even remove your phone without using any tools.
It has to be the best product out of all bike top tube phone mounts you can find with the function and price.
2. Bovon Bike Phone Mount, 360 Rotatable Adjustable Universal Silicone Motorcycle Phone Mount Bicycle GPS Units Holder, Compatible with iPhone 12 Pro Max/12 mini/12/11 Pro Max/XS MAX/XR/8, Samsung S20
You quickly find the Bovon Bike Phone mount allows you 360° rotation. You can easily rotate your phone for the best viewing angle that suits your needs and make your journey more comfortable and accessible.
The unique locking mechanism works by securing the strap around the handlebars to secure and stabilize on bumpy roads. The adjustable belt offers a closed thread and nut design to lock on the handlebars firmly.
There is a universal stretchable rubber belt to secure the phone to fit 100% of any smartphone that has 4.5” – 6.7” screens.
The locking strap is suitable for most handlebars that have a diameter of 18 – 43 mm. You can use the holder on a bicycle, motorcycle, stroller, treadmill, shopping cart, wheelchair, or any other round handlebar. You can even use it as a phone stand on the desk for movie watching.
- Works on a broad range of phones
- Easy fit
- Very secure to handlebars with screw thread
- Shock absorbent silicone material
- Only one locking mechanism
- Doesn’t stop wobble
With a guide price of $11.99, you get a functional phone mount that can fit any top tube so long as it is round and the right size.
One of the most significant downsides being the lack of two locking mechanisms onto your phone. If the silicone breaks on rough terrain, you may lose your phone.
3. visnfa New Bike Phone Mount with Stainless Steel Clamp Arms Anti Shake and Stable 360° Rotation Bike Accessories/Bike Phone Holder for Any Smartphones GPS Other Devices Between 4 and 7 inches
The visnfa phone mount is sturdy plus secure. It comprises four stainless steel clamp arms in a plastic case that grip and supports each corner, ensuring your phone stays securely attached to your bike.
The phone holder comes with super durable, and hyperelasticity clockwork inside the unit tested to many operations. You get an easy, quick release if you need your phone in a hurry, and you can use the full 360-degree rotation.
The phone holder connects to the handlebar with a robust universal ball joint.
You don’t need installation tools, and it is easy to mount to any bike handlebar from 22 to 33 mm. The holder also fits any smartphone sizes between 4 and 7 inches.
- Very Sturdy when fitted
- Easy shift from portrait to landscape
- Secure grip on the phone
- Built-in vibration prevention
- Mount grip can spin around on the rough ground
- It won’t work with most phone cases
With a guide price of just under $18, you have a unique approach to a phone holder that can fit any device up to 7 inches. It offers lots of security for your phone, yet the handlebar mount can only close so far.
4. TruActive Unbreakable Bike Phone Mount Holder, Motorcycle Phone Mount, Cell Phone Holder for Bike – Universal, Bike Phone Holder, Golf, ATV – 6 Color Bands – Any Phone or Handlebar, Tool-Free Install
The TruActive unbreakable bike mount makes sure it won’t rattle loose and fall as you enjoy your ride. The TruActive Bike & Motorcycle Mount features a twin locking mechanism that grips the side of your phone and added security with the nonslip anti-vibration silicone straps.
The mount holder offers a universal fit that you can use with your phone and some phone cases. Phone sizes can range 4.0” – 6.7” with a maximum thickness (with case and pop-socket) of 0.71.”
The bike phone holder comes with two bolt sizes for a tight fit to any handlebar, a 0.55”–1.26” diameter. Using the secure ball joint, you can swivel any phone 360 for the best viewing angle
Installation is tool-free and, six colored bands grip the four corners of your device.
- Easy installation
- It doesn’t interfere with face id unlocking
- Made from rigorously tested materials
- Full 360 rotation
- Handlebar grip can rotate
- It won’t work with phones that have a pop socket fitted
With a guide price of just under $15, you get a durable bike mount that fits a wide range of phones up to a certain thickness. If you go over this, it can be a challenge to get side grips to lock on. Also, you can find the handlebar locking slips as you hit bumps.
If you are unsatisfied, the company state they will make a full refund.
5. Ailun Motorcycle Mountain Bike Phone Mount Holder Stand Accessories Universal Adjustable Bicycle Harley Davidson Handlebar Rack Compatible iPhone 8Plus 8 Galaxy s10 S9 S8 Plus Note 10
On the Ailun mountain bike mount holder, you have a universal design suitable for small and large bike handlebars. It fits any smartphone with a screen size of 4 inches to 6 inches.
It is constructed from super strong silicone that offers dirt-resistance and is waterproof and washable. You also find the silicone won’t scratch or damage your phone as it doesn’t work with a phone case.
It offers shock absorbance and can cater to all shocks, so your device is secure on your bike or stroller.
It doesn’t need tools and is easy to mount. Loop around the mount, then insert the tab into a corresponding hole that offers the tightest grip. To cater to all sizes, there are eight adjustment loops.
- Easy to install in seconds
- Prevents shocks to your device
- It fits a broad range of devices up to 6 inches
- Very affordable
- No front swivel feature
- May not offer the tightest bar grip
With a guide price of just under $6, this bike mount is affordable, yet it may lack most features of alternatives. It is more suited to a road bike than on the track or rough terrain; you have no secondary locking feature to secure your device.
Mountain Bike Phone Mount Buying guide
You can find lots of products and models on the market, so you need to pay attention to the product you choose. Some of these bar mounts have great features, and some are very basic. Here are a few things to think about when you want a front mount holder for your bike.
Any universal mount needs to be made from durable and sturdy materials. Flimsy phone mounts don’t just wobble; they are prone to breakage. Plastic is lightweight and robust. You may also see some phone mounts using metal parts to withstand shocks and vibration better.
You have to be sure your phone mount will not scratch your phone or interfere with the touch screen. Silicone or rubber holds phones in position without affecting the screen.
Sleeve design holders can secure your phone onto your mountain bike or motorbike. Although, it does require you to stop and remove your phone to use it.
Most high-quality phone mounts keep your phone secure and allow full accessibility. You can still use the touchscreen or buttons easily.
Phone Mount Adjustability
If you are in certain lighting conditions, you may need to alter your viewing angle. Any good mount will have 360 swivels for this and also change from portrait to landscape. With these, you get a full angle of tilt. (Find the Best Mtb Grips)
The important thing is making sure your phone mount doesn’t move or wobble.
You will need to make sure your phone mount is straightforward to install or remove. Tool-free designs are essential as you may not have tools where you are.
Some phone mounts offer multi-locking designs. While you can have a quad lock, this often refers to four corners. The best mounts have a cradle design and a secondary locking mechanism in the form of silicon straps. Should one fail, you are sure your phone is safe.
You can find many fittings to choose from. There is a stem mount, stem cap, quad lock bike mount, or handlebar options. A front mount holder is ideal as you always have sight of your phone, and it is out of the way.
In testing, many of these bike phone mounts performed similarly. However, it was the Mongoora Bike Phone Mount for any Smart Phone: iPhone 7 /7+, 6 /6+, 5s, 5, Samsung Galaxy S7 /S7 Edge, S6, S5, S4, Nexus, Nokia, LG. Motorcycle, Bicycle Phone Mount. Bike Mount. Bike Accessories that stood out. (Find the Best Bike Repair Stands)
It came with a secure cradle to secure your phone, and then the tight-fitting silicone bands make sure your phone isn’t going anywhere as well as preventing wobble as you ride.
It is only when you hit heavy jumps you may see the mount move a little, yet you can find this far less than any other mountain bike holder will do. It can suit some phone case sizes, yet for the best grip, it is advisable to use it without.
If you want a secure mount without using a bag design, you should buy the Mongoora. It works so that other models don’t and will make any biking experience trouble-free.
Read more: Best Shoes for Mountain Biking