The Lifetime Manta Tandem Kayak, priced at around $500, with dimensions 10’ x 36’’ and a weight of 66 pounds, is a striking yellow multipurpose recreational kayak that can accommodate up to 3 people and comes with its backrests and paddles.
It works great for both solo and tandem outings, and because of the improved design, which is both functional and innovative, it works well in fishing, sailing, and even surfing roles. The tunnel hull design doesn’t just make it more stable, and it also enables easy tracking. The boat is highly maneuverable, which makes it especially great for newcomers. (Find the Best Surf Casting Rod)
Lifetime Manta Tandem Review
You can judge its stability from the fact that it won’t overturn even if you stand in it in the water. Most other kayaks in its range would lose balance and turn over!
- Versatile Design Allows for Solo or Tandem Paddling | 500 lb. Capacity
- Self-Bailing Scupper Holes Drain Cockpit Area of Water
- Molded Front Carry Handle | 10-Foot Compact Length for Easy Transport and Storage
- Hull Design Provides Ultra Stability and Great Tracking
- UV-Protected Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) Rotational Molded Construction
These are the other notable features of the kayak:
- Mast receiver receptacle is present.
- Unique short cord straps fixed to forward cargo hold
- Molded rear and side carrying handles
- Adjustable paddling modes
- Paddle cradle secures the paddles when they aren’t being used
- Footwells for a comfortable paddling experience
- Bottle holders and ditty trays
- One year warranty
- Tunnel hull design makes it track remarkably well.
- Great maneuverability makes it ideal for newcomers.
- Interior foam and drip cups encourage flotation.
- 500 lbs. carrying capacity ensures that three people can fit easily / two people can carry their cargo
- Lightweight to the point that it can easily be transported in an SUV, Molded carrying handles allow easy transportation from vehicle to water.
- Fishing rods, paddle cradle, and multiple-foot wells allow this craft to take on the fishing role nicely.
- It comes with scupper holes, so water doesn’t accumulate in the cockpit
- Made from high-density plastic, this kayak can hold its own against the elements
- Aesthetically appealing with contoured shape devoid of extended edges
- Extreme stability makes it the optimum fishing vessel to focus on catching fish rather than keeping the boat steady. Another feature that makes it great for beginners.
- You can enhance the kayak’s speed and take some load off your paddling by attaching a lifetime manta tandem kayak sail kit (sold separately) to the vessel.
- Comes with a one yr. Ltd. warranty.
- It is lightweight, but it is hard for a single person to carry it from vehicle to water, making solo excursions difficult. You will fare better if you have a companion with you since two people can easily carry it.
- The kayak is extremely stable, but this comes at the cost of speed. However, since the primary purpose of this vessel is recreational activity such as fishing, outing, and teamwork, you won’t be using it in competitive sports anyways.
If you want a kayak on which you can enjoy multiple flatwater-based activities with friends and family, this one is for you. With its superior build, spacious nature, and extreme stability, it is one of the best in its price range.