If you and your family share a passion for boating and fishing, the Intex Excursion 4 boat is perfect for you. One of the most dependable inflatable vessels around, it will be more than capable of servicing your boating and fishing needs.
Constructed from rugged vinyl and sporting an I-Beam flooring, this boat comes packed with all the bells and whistles you’d expect from a boat meant for fishing.
A couple of fishing rod holders, inflatable seat cushions, oar holders, and even fittings for mounting a motor so you can focus on fishing and fishing alone – all this at an astonishing price.
- Rugged vinyl construction with inflatbale I-Beam floor for comfort and duribality
- All around grab line and handle on bow
- 2 fishing rod holders, gear pouch, inflatable seat cushions with backrest and oar holders included
- motor mount fittings attached
- 4 person boat with 1,100-pound weight limit.Maximum Weight Capacity: 725 pounds
Intex Excursion Review
- Durable construction: Made from durable vinyl, this boat is ready to take on the sun and water’s wear and tear and serve you for years on end. The I-beam floor further enhances the rigidity and comfort of the boat. A user who tested the boat in rocky waters and rough beaches reported that it survived without a scratch.
- Low cost: At just $134.12, this boat is ideal for the family who has just started with fishing and boating and doesn’t want to make a huge investment in case they don’t enjoy it.
- Made for fishing: With features such as motor fittings, rod and oar holders, and inflatable cushions, it seems that the manufacturers have crafted this vessel specifically for those who go fishing in groups.
- Large weight carrying ability: With a carrying capacity of 880 pounds, this vessel can easily sustain four fishermen’s weight and still have room for gear and catch.
- Easy to deflate/inflate: Incorporates Boston valves so you can quickly and easily inflate and deflate the vessel. It comes with its own high output hand pump, which you can replace with an electric pump of your own if required.
- Easy to carry around: The Intex Excursion 4 person boat weighs 49.8 pounds (gear included) so that two adult kayakers can easily carry it. Moreover, the gear pouch it comes with allows it to be transported in the trunk of a car easily.
- Troublesome Boston valves: Some people can find it hard to open the Boston valves, quickly becoming irritable.
- The visible seams that protrude externally can detract from the otherwise great look of the boat.
- The carry bag isn’t really the best quality out there, and the gear bag doesn’t have a zipper.
- The default grab line it comes with isn’t top of the line either – you’d do well to replace it.
To sum it up, this boat is worth every dollar its cost (which isn’t that much, to begin with) and should definitely be considered by those who want to enjoy some casual boating in calmer waters. Its cost may be low, but it doesn’t compromise on quality where it matters most – making it perfect for those on a budget. (Find the Best Kayak)